⌛ 3 min read
From consoles to smartphones – Xbox gives its users an interactive gaming experience on social media with its creative, fun and engaging content.
Xbox is a video gaming brand created and owned by Microsoft. The brand was first introduced in the United States in November 2001, with the launch of the original Xbox console.
In this article – you will learn:
- How Xbox is a champion of interactive and fun content.
- How Xbox’s Tone of Voice makes users feel like they’re talking to their gaming mate.
- How Xbox landed themselves in the Guinness World Records.
Xbox tweeted the below:
Click on the play button to have a go:
- The video tweet prompts users to ‘Tap to pause’ to reveal the chosen weapon.
- The GIF rapidly flicks between a variety of weapons at high speed.
- Xbox then replies back to users in a fun, direct and informal Tone of Voice – like talking to a gamer ‘mate.’
- This is an interactive, fun and unique use of a GIF. Xbox do a great job of replying to users with smartly-crafted puns.
- Xbox are known for their creative content – check out three examples below:
Example 1: ‘♥ this tweet to start the timer’ challenge:
- Sound familiar? Adidas just put out a similar tweet for its X Ghosted boots.
Example 2: ‘This claim is disputed’:
- Xbox got in on the ‘This claim is disputed’ trend by using a similar label Twitter applied to some of Trump’s claims of voter fraud:
Example 3: Xbox – livens up a boring list with emojis:
Xbox – Guiness World Record holder:
- Back in 2010, the @XboxSupport account achieved the Guinness world record for “The most responsive corporate account on Twitter”, responding to an astonishing 5,000 questions in an average of 2 minutes 42 seconds.
Throwback to 2010:
Xbox is a great example of how a gaming brand can be quick-witted, fun and imaginative with its social media content – just because it targets gamers, it doesn’t mean the content has to match the stereotype of a gamer in a “blackened-out room with only the pixels of a monitor or TV lighting the way.”